Excited that summer is upon us? Not if you’re among those dealing with ants. Many people are seeing an increase in ants in their homes. Here’s a few ways of keeping them at bay, safe, and naturally. I personally just recently created lemon barriers at their point of entry in my house, and the results prompted me to write this article.
- Cinnamon- Super stanky to ants. Add ½ teaspoon of cinnamon essential oil in a cup of water. Soak a cotton ball in this solution and wipe down the areas where ants may enter. You can also put ground cinnamon and cloves near entry points.
- White Vinegar- Also super stanky to ants. Mix equally with water, then spray. (Also good for cleaning window sills and counter tops)
- Borax- Super toxic to ants. Mix borax with granulated sugar in a 1:3 ratio. Add enough water to get a syrup-like consistency. Put this paste in the areas where you see ants.
- Lemon- Again, stanky, also masks their scent trails. Simply smear or squeeze across ants entry point.
- Peppermint- Not just good for ants, but all insects. Add 10 drops of peppermint essential oil to 1 cup of water. Spray the solution on all areas where ants are present. Repeat twice daily, until the ants are gone completely.
Information source: https://www.top10homeremedies.com